It’s about this time of year that I like to develop a plan for the year ahead and work out what I would like to achieve, what I’m aiming towards, etc.
It’s been a different 2010 for me, mainly as my son was born at the end of 2009 and is now growing up, and I’m having to alter how I live my life to fit around him.
Also, my wife has been ill for a lot of the year, which has put a lot of emphasis on my role as the provider, which means it’s even more critical I work out what I want and how I’m going to go about it over the next 12 months.
I’m looking forward to 2011. I think it will be an excellent year for me personally and professionally. My aims include:
- Get my son into the nursery at least 1 day a week – I think it’s important to start him socialising with other children his age as he’s a bit limited at the moment.
- Increase the number of families we know socially with young children by an extra 5 families. Again this is similar to the point above.
- Double the retained client income in my day job to secure my wage work on helping at least 10 new clients through GrowTraffic.
- Bank £6,000.
- Get to position 1 in Google.co.uk for the term Freelance SEO and get into the top 3 for the word SEO Consultant whilst maintaining my position 1s such as Freelance SEO Consultant.
- Go on holiday in April to America (and possibly Canada)
- Start selling a product range through eBay.
- Set up new GrowTraffic microsites (SEO Auditing) to increase the number of people finding GrowTraffic websites. I’m thinking about building a PPC Auditing website and a Social Media website.
- Buy/lease a car to replace my vehicle.
- Remortgage house with a 2 year fixed term mortgage.
- Dedicate 4 hours a week to running.
There may be a few more I add to that in the coming week – this is a new year plan rather than a resolution, so I don’t think I have to be 100% committed before the end of 2010!!
If you can help me achieve any of these pointers, I’d be very keen to speak with you – if you’d like to share your own New Year Plans, please add them below.
‘Plans For 2011′
Or fill in the contact form page.