An organisation has to present itself more humanly to generate a more appealing perception to the general public.
Senior execs who regularly interact with your business clients and customers can add significant value to your business marketing strategy through Twitter.
Social media has become far more critical, and as an SEO consultant, I recognize it’s time for me to start informing people about the benefits to their search engine optimization from the use of Twitter.
How to Build Solid Relationships with Customers on Twitter
- Share things about yourself; you don’t have to give absolutely everything. Flush the toilet away.
- However, some real-time updates about things not necessarily corporate-related will allow your followers to relate to you and your business.
- Share the good and the bad about the company, don’t think that you always have to Tweet about the things that are going well; if you’re having a bad day, if the business is having a bad month, say so. You’ll be surprised how many other people will be there to help you out.
- Have multiple Twitter users; this way, you can get more coverage for your business.
Be quick about it!
Twitter is a real-time platform. If you hang around for hours after a tweet has been sent out, you’ve probably lost the momentum of the thoughts/conversation. If you see breaking news make sure you share it or comment on it when you see it, this will help you keep ahead of the curve.
Use Twitter games
Use hashtags to encourage your users to join in and perpetuate the hashtags.
A good plan is to use the products and services you are interested in as hashtags – and be sure to keep an eye on trending topics and use those hashtags.
Ask for Help in Whatever You’re Doing
Suppose you’re about to name your new product or service. Why not tweet to all your followers, asking for their opinion and suggestions.
The fact that you trust them so much to put it out there will inspire them and make them trust you and your tweets even more than they had before.
Hopefully, they’ll do more than that, and they’ll share your naming request with their followers increasing the virility of your social media marketing campaign.
How to use Conferences to improve your Twitter following
It would help if you went to conferences and seminars whenever possible, whilst there be sure to let yourself know.
You’ll have loads of opportunities to give people your Twitter profile (often, when you attend, your Twitter profile is associated with your data, and handheld scanners allow exhibitors to get your details).
Watching speakers try to interact with them; quoting them is an excellent way to get them and other attendees to interact with you.
What Tools are best to track your Twitter progress?
A wide range of tools can be used to find out more information about your Twitter followers. These include:
- TweetStats – this produces multi-coloured graphs giving you the information in various periods based on Twitter use, which tweets are replied to the most and your exposure to Autobots.
- Tweet Clouds – there are various TwitterClouds.
- These let you know what Twitter users are talking about the most, meaning you can work out what to talk about as well – you can review your tweets and those of your followers.
- Intuition – this lets you know what your followers ‘care’ about
- Twitter Universe – this allows you to find out what people are talking about across the whole of the Twitter verse
Twitter is one of the most powerful tools in the internet marketing sphere to generate goodwill towards your business as well in helping you build up your brand in the future.
The more followers you have, the more opportunity you’ve got to get your organization’s good work out there.
The best advice is probably to say, get on there, tweet regularly, talk to people you know, and try to engage with those you don’t and be natural; it’s a communication channel, not a sales channel.